YYT 200HR with Colleen Felgate
EVOLVE your practice and DEVELOP a sequence that you can take with you anywhere. IMPROVE your communication skills and EXPAND your awareness.
INCREASE your strength and flexibility physically, mentally and spiritually.
DEEPEN your understanding of yourself, find ACCEPTANCE and PEACE.
This course isn’t just about teaching Downward Dog. Its an opportunity to discover who you really are. How you physically, mentally and emotionally deal with each moment presented to you by revealing what lies beneath the surface.
- Pranayama & Kriyas
- Mantras & Meditation
- Philosophy & History
- Vinyasa, Hatha, Restorative,
- Introduction to Yin
- Variations, modifications, prop use, benefits & contraindications
- Postural alignment & anotomical terminology
- Musculoskeletal anatomy
- Introduction to Pre and Post Natal variations and concerns
- Joint functions & body types and injuries
- Introduction to Physiology of Postures and Yoga Therapy
- Create and learn a set sequence for self practice and teaching
- Teaching techniques & methods, sequencing, correcting, cueing and communication
- Teaching practicum, teaching assists & class observation
Asana Focus will include: Surya Namaskar A & B, Standing Postures, Forward Bends, Twists, Hamstring & Hip Openers, Balancing Poses, Backbends & Shoulder Openers, Sitting Postures, Twists, Inversions & Arm Balances
Whistler Yoga 200 Hour teacher training is Yoga Alliance certified.
- Teacher Training Manual
- Unlimited Yoga Pass for the duration of the course
- Video analysis, evaluation & Examination Certification (Yoga Alliance 200 hrs)
- The purchase of 4 additional texts will be required, and is not included in tuition.
(Course breaks May 7 – 15)
- Mornings will include Meditation, Pranayama & a set Vinyasa (flow) sequence which will be adapted to become ones personal practice.
- The afternoons will introduce the Fundamentals of Anatomy such as the muscles & bones, joint function, body types and injuries. As well as a break down of the poses covered in the sequence including variations and modifications.
- History and Philosophy will be introduced with the primary focus begin the Yoga Sutras, the historical guide to enlightenment. Using the sutras we will assist each other as we learn more about our conscious and sub conscious self.
Come play with us and learn to become a great teacher as well as a great student. Develop the skills you have and expand your possibilities. Take this opportunity to grow and face your fears, embrace compassion, to laugh, and learn not to take yourself so seriously. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign-up!